Sunday, December 31, 2017

Elliott Wave Stock Market Update - December 31






















The market closed the year on a bearish note and we could see the start of a bigger correction next week. The TA turning bearish would confirm the bearish pattern, which in turn could set up the top of the bull market for the past 9 years. Still to early to say obviously, but a new bear market coming is now more probable than possible. So time to save up up and invest accordingly.

My goal of reaching my retirement goal is 2017 was technically achieved, but it was not through stocks as I had been expecting. Instead, I got there through my business and I am very glad I can finally say I am done with saving money. I still want to buy another place to add to my security but in the whole scheme of things, it's more of a luxury than a necessity. My stock portfolio, which is heavily invested in the Chinese market, did very well but never reached the goal I had for it 100%. Instead,  it closed the year at 85% of my retirement goal. Not bad, specially since I enjoy the dividends from the investment but hopefully it will get there in 2018. My trading portfolio did also well, but it fell short of beating the SP500 because at one point I was too risk adverse and decided to stop taking chances. I have to do the final calculation but I think it trails the market around 5%, but obviously, this is just one year of several to come where I am doing this real time trading test. If I am right on the coming bear market, my trading portfolio will obviously outperform the market and make up for this year's gap.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and Prosperous 2018!

For further analysis on the NASDAQ, DJI, RUT, Gold, Silver and Oil please visit http://www.ewaveanalytics.com


Short Term Trend = Bullish trend being challenged
Medium Term Trend = Bullish
Long Term Trend = Bullish




* Trends are not trade signals. Trends are posted for situational awareness only and does not take into account wave counts, technical or fundamental conditions of the market. While mechanically trading the posted trends is feasible, keep in mind that these are lagging indicators and as such are prone to whipsaws and I personally do not use nor recommend them to initiate or close positions in the market without taking

No comments:

Post a Comment