The market bounced as expected today in a W5. But as I write this update, pre-market is down 22 points so we can pretty much write off this count courtesy of politicians screwing around with the health of our economy. The market had closed strongly today but now we'll have to see if the 50 DMA holds the sell off tomorrow at 1414 and begin a new count there. And not sure if Boehner did the vote today on purpose to show Democrats what he is up against or if he sincerely believed he would get his plan B approved. And should the country go over the FC, I hope all these stubborn politicians get voted out as they obviously care more about themselves than the well being of the economy as taxes will go for everyone on Jan 1st, not just the very wealthy (how does that help them in their pledge not to raise taxes is truly beyond me).
FXI almost hit $40 today but I highly doubt it will be anywhere close to it tomorrow. So maybe it's time to start locking in some partial profit here. I'll see if the 50 DMA holds and how the market bounces back to the TA,
Main S&P 500 Trends
Short Term Trend = BullishMedium Term Trend = Neutral Leaning Bullish (change of trend imminent if market remains above the TA)
Long Term Trend = Bullish
Long Term Portfolio
- 100% Long in Red Chips traded in HSI (Mainland China stocks traded in Hong Kong) since September 2012. Only position trading 30-40% of portfolio for cost improvement.
Short Term Margin Trading Strategy
- Bought 30 AAPL @ $509.50 as of 12/14/2012 on margin - Closed @514.50 on 12/17/2012. = +5.00
- Bought 1000 XIV @18.62 as of 12/13/2012 on margin - Closed @18.70 on 12/14/2012. = +0.08
- Bought 1000 XIV @18.80 as of 12/05/2012 on margin - Closed @18.88 on 12/07/2012. = +0.08
- Bought 1000 XIV @18.41 as of 12/04/2012 on margin - Closed @18.63 on 12/05/2012. = +0.22
- Bought 500 VXX @29.23 on 12/03/2012 - Closed @30.12 on 12/03/2012. = +0.89
- Bought 500 VXX @30.77 on 11/23/2012 - Closed @29..68 on 11/27/2012. = -1.09
- Bought 500 VXX @31.54 on 11/20/2012 - Stopped out @31.11 on 11/21/2012. = -0.43
- Closed position 500 @ 18.26 on 11/20/2012. Sold 500 @ 17.79, raised stop to break even on the other 500 as of 11/19/2012. Bought 1000 XIV @15.98 as of 11/15/2012 on margin - position trade cost improvement 4 cents, so net cost $15.94 as of 11/16/2012 - Profit = $2.05
- Bought 1000 XIV @16.88 as of 11/14/2012 on margin - Stopped out @ 16.66 on 11/14/2012. = -0.22
- Bought 1000 XIV @15.67 as of 11/08/2012 on margin - sold 1000 XIV @ 16.25 on 11/12/2012 = +0.58
- Margin positions in Gold initiated 11/06/2012.
Net Profit since 11/08/2012 on open and closed short term positions = $2,625*
* Margin position is usually $15-20k
* Margin position in gold is $4k
Retirement GoalAs of 12/18/2012 - 10.8%*
* Percentage gain for total liquid portfolio dated September 2012, Goal is to double portfolio for retirement by September 2015.